Spring Lettuce Soup
The perfect soup for Spring with rich flavors and colorful greens. Not only is this soup delicious but it’s easy to make and beautiful to serve. Make sure to use fresh butter lettuce, if possible straight from the farmers market.
- 1 head Butter, Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
How to Make It1. Thoroughly wash and rinse the leaves and break apart in small pieces.
2. Cook the leaves in the vegetable stock until soft, about 1 minute. Add salt.
3. While the leaves are cooking, in a separate saucepan add the butter and garlic.
4. Whisk in the flour and cook until a thick sauce forms, make sure to use low heat.
5. Slowly add the flour and garlic sauce to the cooked lettuce leaves, stir and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add the heavy cream to the soup while stirring continuously for about 1 minute
7. Serve with slices of baguette bread.