Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry with Rice
This fuss-free slow cooker vegetable curry is incredible. The veggie curry is wonderfully rich, quite hearty, the aromatics of the complex spice blend is beyond mouthwatering and the heat level is just right. Simply put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it go for 2 hours. There is also the option to sauté the carrots, garlic, and onions before adding to the slow cooker. The extra step will both bring another dimension of flavor to the curry and enhance the vegetables’ natural sweetness.
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- ½ cauliflower
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
How to Make It
- Place all the curry ingredients in the slow cooker with a big pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- When the curry is almost ready, transfer rice to a medium saucepan.
- Rinse rice several times under cold water to remove excess starch.
- Add the 2 ¾ cups of water to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed and rice is tender but still has some bite. Add more water during the cooking process if needed.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with about a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking and season with a pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- Serve curry with rice in bowls, garnish with scallions