Quick and Easy Spanish Style Shrimp
There are endless ways to make shrimp, but this definitely makes the top three. The shrimp in this tasty tapas recipe are plump, perfectly cooked and incredibly flavorful. The garlic’s pungent yet sweet flavor comes through nicely while the shrimp is a touch spicy and the oil mixture formed during the cooking process makes each bite even better. The addition of sherry vinegar also brings a rich nuttiness to the party. And since we are talking tapas, the shrimp are served with toasted French bread. You need something to sop up the delicious juices after all.
- Sliced French-style bread
- 1 whole garlic clove, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 10 minced garlic cloves
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
How to Make It
- Rub each slice of bread with garlic, lightly drizzle with olive oil and toast until golden brown. Set the toasted bread aside.
- Generously season the shrimp with salt and black pepper. Follow with the cumin and paprika.
- Add about ½ cup of oil to a large skillet and heat over medium.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce heat to low. Add the minced garlic and chili flakes to the oil. Both will infuse the oil with flavor.
- Cook the garlic and chili flakes in the oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp just start to turn pink.
- Add the sherry vinegar, lemon juice and half of the parsley.
- Continue to cook for about a minute or two or until shrimp are pink.
- Plate shrimp, spoon oil mixture over each serving and garnish with the remaining parsley. Serve with toasted bread.