Mango Chickpea Salad Cups with Curry Tahini Dressing
This healthy, light dinner is divine. The combination of mango and chickpeas with curry tahini dressing will satisfy your tastebuds. The delicious bursts of freshness from the salad paired with the sweetness of the mango create a flavor explosion you will not forget. Nothing is better than a series of bites that deliver a little bit of everything. You get a lovely array of color, creaminess from the chickpeas, crunch, crispness, acidity, sweetness, and spice complexity.
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves gently removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-sized ripe mango, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Curry tahini dressing
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- Add all the curry tahini dressing ingredients to a jar except for the salt and black pepper.
- Shake to combine. Add more coconut water if the curry tahini dressing is too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper then set aside.
- Form the lettuce cups by layering two or three lettuce leaves. Be sure to overlap them so they hold up when eaten.
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl with the mango, red bell pepper, chopped onion, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with lime juice followed by a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Spoon into the lettuce cups.
- Transfer the curry tahini to small bowls for dipping or lightly drizzle the lettuce cups with dressing.