Clams with White Wine, Garlic and Tomatoes
When you find yourself craving seafood but don’t have a lot of time, try this quick dish. It’s so easy, delicious and looks impressive on a dinner plate. The canned tomatoes gives it a nice zesty taste and a little bit of color. Make sure to pick up a fresh baguette for dipping in the buttery clam broth.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup of diced canned tomatoes
- 2 pounds of clams, rinsed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tsp or salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
How to Make It1. Melt butter and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add canned tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add wine and increase to medium heat and bring to a boil.
4. Add clams and cover for 3-4 minutes or until the clams open.
5. Throw in the parsley and stir
6. Serve with fresh crunchy bread or french fries