Chickpeas with Spinach and Couscous
A quick and healthy dish that you can make in under 30 minutes. You can add shrimp for a more complex taste or skip the couscous and make it as a side dish.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt, preferably sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 6-oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 box of Couscous Mix (I prefer Near East Garlic & Olive Oil)
How to Make It1. In a large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion.
2. After the onion is tender add the garlic, cumin, paprika, tomato paste and salt.
3. Cook for a few minutes and after add the chickpeas and the stock
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12 minutes
5. Add the spinach and a touch of salt if necessary
6. Simmer for another 5 minutes
7. Make the couscous mix
8. Add to plate and serve