Chicken, Cabbage and Broccoli Stir-Fry with Rice Noodles
This stir-fry is almost too easy to make. It takes a mere minutes, is packed with nutrients and features an array of beautiful colors. Best of all, this recipe puts the frozen Trader Joes and Whole Foods packaged grocery items you probably have on hand to good use. The chicken and rice noodles absorb all the flavor from the cooking liquid, the vegetables are tender yet crisp and the stir-fry has just the right amount of heat.
- 2 thawed Bell & Evans Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast, find them at Whole Foods
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package Trader Joes Frozen Organic Broccoli Florets
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 package Nona Lim Pad Thai Noodles, also at Whole Foods
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth plus more if needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 (9-ounce) package Trader Joe’s Organic Shredded Green & Red Cabbage with Orange Carrots
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
How To Make It
- Cut the precooked chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes and set aside.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high.
- Toss the broccoli into the skillet along with a little salt and black pepper.
- Cook while stirring until the water from the frozen florets evaporates and the broccoli is close to being tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add rice noodles to the pan with the broccoli followed by the broth, soy sauce, lime juice and chili flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add more broth if needed.
- Add chicken to the skillet. Increase heat to medium and cook while stirring until warmed through.
- Follow with the cabbage and carrot veggie mix. Cook while stirring for an additional minute or so.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Plate and garnish with sesame seeds.